Sunday, May 27, 2007

Interesting Day

Today, my family visited a nearby Baptist church. It is one of only two Sundays where we haven't been traveling or speaking somewhere. My wife attended there on the other Sunday, when I was so sick that I didn't go to church.

They knwe my wife when we walked in from the other time she visited. Today, they were glad to see us (and meet me and the rest of the family). So glad, that they asked me to teach their kids' Sunday School class. The they pastor also asked me to preach! My goodness! They didn't know I would be attending; I was a visitor; I was the preacher!

What an interesting day.

3 comments:

Kevin Bussey said...

I guess you should always be ready!

Debbie Kaufman said...

And I'm sure a fine sermon was heard by all. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. Were you okay with it? Seems to me it robbed you of the opportunity to be ministered to yourselves. Now, of course we are all ready and willing to serve, but I wonder sometimes if we don't put too much on people. I hope you were ready with some good sermon material!